February 22, 2024

Lead Service Line Replacement Loan Forgiveness Available!

North Dakota has approximately $40 million available for lead service line replacement thanks to the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law! If your system is considered a disadvantaged community and a lead service line replacement project is on our priority list, you are eligible for 66% loan forgiveness (the remaining 34% will be a loan at 0.5% interest). The proposed Lead and Copper Rule Improvements would require that water systems replace their lead service lines within 10 years – take advantage of this funding while it’s available! 

Also, there is a very limited amount of additional loan forgiveness (less than $700,000) that we can pair with the 66% loan forgiveness to increase the overall percentage of loan forgiveness to a maximum 75%. This will be provided to water systems on a first-come first-serve based on the submission of a full application. Start your application at grants.nd.gov.  

Please note that only full service line replacements can be paid for with this funding. Contact Shannon Fisher with questions.